Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Little Fairy Tea Cup

Today, I would like to share a little off the page project that I created using my Scraps Of Elegance May Kit-Yesterdays. I love anything tea, and throw in a fairy, cherub or winged creature, and I am doubly delighted!! I have seen renditions of paper tea cups, and wanted to create one all my own. I found a tea cup template at layersofcolor.com that I really liked,because it was fairly easy to assemble. I actually printed the template out onto the backside of my paper, and worked with it from there.



 I assembled the cup and saucer, then fussy cut out some of the roses from the kit paper and modge podged it onto the front of the cup. I then took some stash tea stained ribbon and went around the top of the cup.


I then took a little birds nest that I had collected last Winter, sealed and dried, and glued it to sit inside the cup. I then started filling the nest with goodies. I popped in some feathers, then took a little Vintage image that I had colorized and altered and glitter painted her wings up and added some bling, and then popped her into the nest. The big pink gem is a Petaloo piece from this month's add on, the little tea pot is one of the Prima resist canvas pieces from the kit, and the little eggs were handcrafted, from clay then painted by me. I then added some stash roses, pearl string pieces and a Pink Lemonade Crush Butterfly from my Etsy Shop.


I created a sweet little tea bag, using an empty tea stained, tea bag, some lace, pearls and a tiny rose. The rub on was from a past SOE kit and the little charm was from this month's Embellishment Add On.

This piece turned out so sweet and soooo Fairylicious!! I hope you have enjoyed your visit, and that you have a great week! Hugs, ~Renea

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just packed with gorgeousness and I love the shabby vintage look.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Anonymous said...

ok OK OK!! This is to die for~ So so sweet; I love it all - - but I have to make a comment about the 'tea bag'! TOO cute! So glad I got to see this up close~ TFS such a wonderful creation~

Sandie said...

Stunning, it is ever so sweet and such glorious detail.