Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dream Today With The Scraps Of Darkness November Kit~Water Lilies

Hello everybody!! Hope you are having a great week. I can tell we are really kicking into the Christmas Season, because I am starting to feel like time is rushing right at me and I don't have enough of it to go around!!
Today, I have a layout to share with you that I created with the Scraps Of Darkness November Kit~Water Lilies. My sister, Tammy has a photography studio and she had taken my son, Draven's Senior photos back at the end of Summer, and she sent me one of his photos printed out on this gorgeous metallic paper and asked me if I would scrap it for her. I told her I would, but would have to wait until I got a kit that was perfect for it. Well, the wait was over when I saw the Scraps Of Darkness November Kit, because the
 7 Dots, 9th Wave papers and some of the elements were perfect for it, so finally I have it done for her!!


I love to do masculine work, but I don't like to use flowers with any of my male photos, once they are past a certain age or unless they are in a photo with a girl. I don't know what my hang up is about that, but I usually tend to use much more technique work when it comes to my masculine layouts than embellishment work.
I started with two layers of the 7 Dots papers and distressed, inked, did some tearing and some distress punching to get a really rugged look.


I then took some corrugated board and misted it with 2 different mist colors to get a grungy look, then did some more tearing, punching and rolling,  puddle painted with some Jacquard dimensional paint and added seed beads. 


On a separate piece of paper, I did some brick stencil work with gel medium and then 2 tone misted it. I then tore out the design from all the stenciling and inked the edges with 2 different ink colors. I then randomly taped with dry wall tape to get the cross hatch look.




I took the bark butterflies from the embellishment add on and alternated them to create a look that was full of yummy texture and did not look like butterflies.  I then took a stash, Prima metal clock and layered it under my photo, and added on one of the Glitz Rhinestones from the EAO. I created a quote from the random word stickers in the kit letting the Glitz piece be a part of it  "Dream  Today and Imagine Tomorrow."




I then took a larger Metal clock and tucked it under the layers at the bottom of the layout, and used a Tim Holtz Faucet for the Centerpiece and some wings that I alcohol inked for the clock "hands". 


Here you can see where I rolled the corrugated board and added brick pieces left over from my tearing of the main piece, more dry wall tape and another one of the Glitz Rhinestones that had a heart on it. 

I really love this layout, the colors are some of my favorite, the brick stenciling is one of my favorite stencils and well the subject matter, "Draven" is one of my favorite as well-lol!! I hope my sis loves it, but if she doesn't~it will be mine!! 
Thanks for stopping by at this busy time of the year! I have some major lovey catching up that I need to do!! I promise as soon as I get two seconds I will be surfing the galleries again ;) Hugs, ~Renea

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Love your guy l/o's and the
no flowers:)on them!:)
It's just a preference I guess~
Beautiful color and textures;
(Now I have to try curling my corrugated board!)
Very cool mixed media Renea!

Lizzy Hill said...

Teehee! Sooooo...you wouldn't be keen if I said use a PURPLE flower on a boy LO, then??!!!!! Anyways, you've done a fab job here - totally adore that cardboard behind & the brick wall...works sooo well:):) But if you wanna challenge yourself....LOL!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Love everything about it!

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

I love this layout! All your techniques are perfect and beautiful even on this masculine layout! Thanks for sharing this!!

Ginger XO

Debbie said...

Love your layout.Perfect colors and texture too!!

Debbie said...

Love your layout.Perfect colors and texture too!!